Effective date: November 26, 2018
Urban Student Pty Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://urbanstudent.com website (the “Service”).
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Urban Student Pty Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Australia and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Urban Student Pty Ltd may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Urban Student Pty Ltd
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Terms of Business
Effective date: June 1, 2020
Urban Student Pty Ltd provides a free advice service and does not charge any fees directly to students except for:
- Credit cards fees for payments made by credit card (including GST)
- Foreign exchange fees apply for Transfermate payments
- A 5% administration fee for refunds where Cancellation Fees do not apply
- Cancellation fees apply where:
- An offer (Letter of Offer) has been sent and deposit payment has been made by the applicant to Urban Student; or the Institution (RTO or tertiary institution), and the applicant cancels the application. In which case a 20% fee of the total amount of any funds paid (enrolment, material or tuition fees), including on any amount refunded from the school, is applied as a cancellation fee (i.e. this does not include any penalties imposed by the provider. They remain a separate charge and are documented in the Letter of Offer, the contract between the student applicant and the institution; from the institution).
- A student enrols in a course, makes payments to Urban Student; or the Institution (RTO or tertiary institution), and completes the student visa application process with Urban Student and then withdraws from a program before; the census date for the first semester/trimester (for higher education), OR; before completion of Term 1 (VET/ELICOS courses). In either case, a 20% fee of the total amount of any funds sent (enrolment, material, OSHC or tuition fees) is applied as a cancellation fee (i.e. this does not include any penalties imposed by the provider. They remain a separate charge and are documented in the Letter of Offer, the contract between the student applicant and the institution; from the institution).
- Cancellation fees will be paid within 30 days of receiving refunds from partner institutes and other services providers
- Commitment fees apply where:
- Additional changes to a course or program after receiving your first offer (Letter of Offer): our consultation services are free, however, should you choose to change your start date of the course for a second time (i.e. after receiving the initial Letter of Offer), Urban Student is entitled to request a commitment fee of $200.00. This fee is to cover the additional administrative work involved and is non-refundable, but will be deducted from your tuition payment should you choose to move forward with your application.
- Any other fees and charges agreed to (e.g. review of your application by our registered migration agent / RMA)
Free Flight offer Terms
- The free flight is a $200 gift voucher (JetStar)
- The free flight can only be claimed after a period of study (2 terms)
- The student must have paid for both terms
- The voucher is valid for 25 months and can be used for internal or domestic JetStar flights
- We ask that you send us a photo that we can use on our Facebook page from the destination you visit
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org